Business Development Manager
- Full-time, Part-time
- Norwich, UK
- £25,000 - £35,000 a year
Do you want to be part of a creative and well supported EdTech start-up?
Studious is an exciting spin-off company from the University of East Anglia that is re-defining how students in the UK and across the world learn through innovative digital education. Could this be the dream job for you?
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to identify, nurture and grow relationships with universities and higher education institutions. Working closely with the Chief Operating Officer, you will manage and grow a portfolio of university clients, working closely with them to build high-trust relationships, and understand their priorities and aspirations.
You will identify and contribute to the development of new business opportunities by demonstrating digital products, actively exploring commercial opportunities and develop relationships with key institutional stakeholders.
Working closely with colleagues in the marketing team you will analyse markets, track sales figures and contribute to the national marketing and sales strategy.
What do we value for this role?
- 5 years’ sales or business development experience with a track record in communicating with and selling to decision makers within higher education institutions;
- Experience working in higher education, digital products, EdTech or publishing industry would be an advantage;
- Ability to demonstrate and champion digital products and platforms;
- An understanding and practical application of consultative selling;
- Ability to negotiate large institutional deals;
- Strong track record in collaboration with colleagues at all levels and across business units/geographically;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, presentation and communication skills;
- Must be a highly motivated and well organised individual;
- Strong IT proficiency;
- Strong competences in creative collaboration, initiative, attention to detail, organisation and project delivery;
- Ability to travel throughout the UK;
- Educated to degree level.
What can you expect?
At Studious, we operate a fun work environment that puts people as its top priority. We believe in an inclusive and supportive work culture that allows creativity to flow and everyone’s opinion to be valued. We want everyone to enjoy their time at work and have continual opportunities for professional growth and development.
If you are interested in working with us, or hearing more about the Business Development Manager position, then please get in contact anytime. We’d love to hear from you!
When applying, please show and refer to examples of your work.
- Relocation expenses;
- Flexible working (e.g. option to work from home several days per week; flexible hours);
- Complimentary gym membership, quarterly wellbeing experience, or extra holidays;
- 34 days annual leave per year (nearly 7 weeks!);
- Company pension;
- Company events – e.g. regular team dinners out;
- Free/complimentary travel;
- Opportunity to work with passionate colleagues in a creative work environment.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Subsidised gym membership
- Free or subsidised travel
- Wellness programmes
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)