Senior Full-Stack Developer
- Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Norwich, UK
- £50,000 - £60,000 a year
Do you want to be part of a creative and well supported EdTech start-up?
Studious is an exciting spin-off company from the University of East Anglia that is re-defining how students in the UK and across the world learn through innovative digital education. Could this be the dream job for you?
We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer to work with the growing team of tech and creative design professionals. You’ll collaborate closely with the CEO and be responsible for leading the continued development and deployment of our apps and platforms, including Ryze. Previously, we have outsourced much of the development work, which we are now bringing in-house.
This is an amazing opportunity to get stuck into a long-term project that makes a real difference to society by re-imagining how people learn.
What will you be doing?
- Be responsible for developing mobile/web application technologies within the firm;
- Be responsible for the operational stability, security, authentication and user experience of our front-end and back-end digital platforms;
- Drive the innovation for new tools and services within our digital platforms, including through APIs;
- Develop technical solutions to meet business requirements, ensuring compliance with best practice, and continuous code review;
- Collaborate alongside a team of 3-5 developers;
- Support colleagues in technical know-how.
What do we value for this role?
- Solid experience leading scalable mobile and/or web applications (5 years+ essential);
- Experience working with Flutter (including its UI library) and Dart;
- Competence with Firebase: functions, hosting, firestore, storage, cloud-messaging, authentication;
- Competent at assigning APIs, and working with restful APIs;
- Desire to push the boundaries of EdTech, including with machine learning and artificial intelligence;
- Strong competences in creative collaboration, initiative, attention to detail, organisation and project delivery;
- Desire to work on cutting-edge projects;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science minimum.
What can you expect?
At Studious, we operate a fun work environment that puts people as its top priority. We believe in an inclusive and supportive work culture that allows creativity to flow and everyone’s opinion to be valued. We want everyone to enjoy their time at work and have continual opportunities for professional growth and development.
If you are interested in working with us, or hearing more about the Senior Full-Stack Developer position, then please get in contact anytime. We’d love to hear from you!
When applying, please show and refer to examples of your work.
- Relocation expenses;
- Flexible working (e.g. option to work from home several days per week; flexible hours);
- Complimentary gym membership, quarterly wellbeing experience, or extra holidays;
- 34 days annual leave per year (nearly 7 weeks!);
- Company pension;
- Company events – e.g. regular team dinners out;
- Free/complimentary travel;
- Opportunity to work with passionate colleagues in a creative work environment;
- Chance to have a legacy in your work by changing the world of higher education.
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 / year (depending on experience)
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Subsidised gym membership
- Wellness programmes
- flutter and dart: 1 year (Required)
- software development: 5 years (Required)
- java: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)